Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep...

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep is an organization that I care a great deal about. It is a network of voluntary photographers that provide bereavement photos to families that have experienced an infant death. For those of you who do not know me personally, I am also an NICU nurse. I have experienced more loss in my career than I ever care to talk about. But, the one thing I do know is that parents cherish those last moments with their infants...and every single thing you do for them, to show you care, and that you loved their baby...they carry with them forever.

I have applied to be a NILMDTS affiliated photographer...hopefully they'll accept me. I feel that I need to do this to give back, to provide a much needed service to these families. None of the photographers are paid. It is a strictly volunteer organization. Photographers provide services to families on their own time and provide photos out of their own pockets. It truly is a wonderful organization.

If you have time, please take a look at their website at www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org or click on the link on the side of my page. ***Note, if you venture in to the site, some of the pictures will make you very emotional.

I'll end my post with a quote from their site:
"Imagine a photo shoot where each moment is a last moment, where there will be no second takes, where what you're doing means everything." ~Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

1 comments:

Busy Mom said...

Ok, you brought tears to my eyes. I think it is great that you want to do this. You will do a great job at it!

Post a Comment